- Are you an aspiring SLE?
- Are you an outstanding middle or senior leader with at least two years’ experience?
- Have a successful track record of working effectively within their own school and/or across a group of schools?
- Be able to give evidence of successfully using coaching and or facilitation skills to bring about sustainable improvements?
- Whilst SLEs will be outstanding at what they do, they can come from any school, regardless of the school’s Ofsted grade. However, the Head and Chair of Governors must agree that the school has the capacity to release them.
- SLEs need to meet strict designation criteria.
- SLEs have expertise in a specific area, for example a subject area, inclusion, literacy, early years, behaviour or school business management.
- There is no pre-defined time commitment for SLE work because models and types of deployment will vary, but on average it will be around 15 days a year.
- The payment rate for SLE time is £350 per day.
Contact Carol Harris – Teaching School Project Manager for an application form or further information