HOW DO I APPLY FOR A SCHOOL DIRECT PLACE?
In order to apply for a School Direct place, training or salaried, candidates must apply through the following links.
PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO APPLYING:
- Have you had some school experience: voluntary or paid? The UCAS website can give advice about how to organise this.
- Check the University of Warwick requirements. If you are unsure about whether you meet their requirements, please visit their web-site.
- Prepare your personal statement carefully. It is important to check this prior to submission. Ensure that it gives your reasons for wanting to teach and your qualifications which make you suitable to do so. Check it for errors of grammar and punctuation, as this initial impression which you are giving the university and the lead school is extremely important.
- The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE I HAVE APPLIED?
- Once you have applied, you will be informed if you have been successful in reaching the next stage of the process.
- This next stage involves the schools receiving all of the relevant applications, and then making a decision about which candidates they call to interview.
- If you are successful in reaching this next stage, you will be invited to interview at Caludon Castle School. If you are a primary school candidate, you will be interviewed at the relevant primary school. If our alliance schools are offering places in your subject, a representative from those schools will, also, be on the interview panel. It is very important, therefore, that you have found out about the schools to which you are applying. Some schools may be able to arrange visits and all have staff that will talk to you further about your application.
- During the interview day, you will be asked to complete a range of tasks, as well as the formal interview, including a literacy based activity and a teaching task with our students.
- If you are successful at interview, you will be informed by the lead school, UCAS and confirmed by the university once your relevant documentation has been approved.
- In order to secure your School Direct place, you must pass the numeracy and literacy professional skills tests. More information is available on the UCAS and University of Warwick websites.
WHEN ARE THE INTERVIEW DATES?
Interviews will be held for School Direct places on the following dates at Caludon Castle School, unless you are informed otherwise:
|17 November 2017||8 December 2017||19 January 2018||9 February 2018|
|9 March 2018||20 April 2018||18 May 2018||8 June 2018|