This is the fourth CPD booklet that has been produced collaboratively between all of the Teaching Schools in
Coventry. This year, we welcome Sherbourne Fields and Castlewood School who are a newly formed joint Teaching
School – Inclusive Alliance. Together we see this joint approach with all of our strategic and associate partners, as a
crucial contribution to the provision of CPD and school to school support for all Coventry schools.
All of our programmes and support programmes have been carefully evaluated, and have been judged as very
successful. They are making a good contribution to school improvement across the City.
We believe that our partnership approach is part of Coventry’s strategy, along with the school improvement networks,
to develop a self-sustaining, school-led, school to school improvement system to raise standards and ensure all
Coventry children and young people receive the best education possible. Please note SLEs, LLEs and NLEs are able
to offer a flexible/ bespoke approach to school or networks for training provision. For further information please refer to our System Leaders 2017 – 2018 brochure.
This booklet provides a summary of the CPD and support/development packages available to all schools and
academies for 2017/2018. It builds on our successes of previous years and has been further developed to address
school needs as identified by both formal evaluation processes, as well as discussions with a number of Coventry
Headteachers and the Local Authority.
Our commitment is, through CPD, to:
- Strengthen system leadership in the city to complement established network;
- Provide a cost effective way of sharing and developing best practice to support school improvement across the
- Support all schools in the continued drive to improve student outcomes;
- Support Coventry’s priority to narrow the gap with particular focus on effective strategies to improve
achievement of underperforming groups in the city;
- Support all schools with their own personal and professional development priorities;
- Promote outstanding practice through schools sharing their strengths and through benefiting from best practice regionally and nationally;
- Focus on high quality teaching and learning and approaches for continued and sustained improvement of
teaching, learning and student achievement;
- Support schools’ self-evaluation processes and the application of the Ofsted framework
Please note that this is preliminary information and that all updated information and additional courses will be found through each of our Teaching School’s websites.
We look forward to welcoming your staff and working together over the coming year.
Please contact the individual Teaching School to book your places. For Castle Phoenix bookings please download the Castle Phoenix Booking Request 2017-2018 and the Castle Phoenix TSA Terms & Conditions 2017-18.
- Download CPD Programme 2017-18